|Theme||Thematic areas explored|
|1. Perceptions and experiences with malaria||
• Perceptions of women and men around malaria.|
• Perceived causes of malaria.
• Community experiences with malaria control efforts.
|2. Perceptions and experiences with child immunization||
• Community experiences with vaccination programs and the health system.|
• Community perceptions of factors that influence immunization coverage and acceptance of a new vaccine.
• Decision-making around child vaccination.
|3. Considerations for a future malaria vaccine||
• Reactions to the prospect of a new vaccine.|
• Expectations for a new vaccine.
• Concerns about a possible new vaccine.
• The concept of efficacy.